Monday, March 15, 2010

I decided to go gung-ho with the Gluten Free thing. I've found that when I eat something that contains gluten, I feel achey and sluggish, which are the main two things I am trying to fix, so GF seems to be the answer.

Gluten Free bread sucks. I've found recipes that I'd like to try, and they have led me to the decision that I need to own one of these:

It's a Kitchen-Aid Professional 600 Series mixer. It doesn't come in pretty colors, but it does more than the pretty ones do, and at least it's prettier than the Bosch. I debated for a while but then decided that based on the fact that the Kitchen-Aid outperforms the Bosch for making cookies, and the Bosch is a hundred dollars more and doesn't include a cookie paddle, and the Bosch can mix 12 loaves of bread and the Kitchen-Aid can mix 8 loaves, and who needs more than 8 loaves, and since my pretend name is RockAndCookies, I'd be better off going with something that wins in the cookie department.

What this means to you all is this: More cookies. Some of them will not be good, as I learn to perfect gluten free versions of the cookies I love. This also means that after buying such an appliance, I will have no money and will be forced to spend my free time baking. The upside to all of that is my master plan to perfect GF cookies and become a millionaire off of my awesomeness.

Really all I want is to not feel tired all the time, and I'm willing to do whatever it takes, even if that means no new shoes. Yes, I am THAT serious.

4 comments:

The Whetstone Family said...

Yay, how fun! I've wanted one for a while, but really don't bake enough to make it worth it. Also, do you have a wheat grinder? I knew a girl who was gluten-free and she would grind up all sorts of stuff for flour. She said certain things were better in certain recipes. You probably know all this already, but I thought I'd throw that out there just in case :) Good luck with your cookies!

The Whetstone Family said...

And by "stuff", I mean like corn, beans, etc.

rockandcookies said...

hehe that girl makes flour out of stuff, and things!

I don't have a wheat grinder yet, I'm not that advanced! I'm just about to graduate from buying the $9/pound GF flour blend to mixing my own from bulk flours at whole foods.

Anonymous said...

I love this blog. Check out mine, it a contant work in progress:

http://mamachellec.blogspot.com/search/label/welcome