
My mom's big holiday extravaganza this year included a trip to a book store with a little bit of money to buy a book. I searched and searched in the very new-agey store to find something I'd like to read. They were out of "Eat, Pray, Love" so I decided on "The Joy of Doing Things Badly." The theory is, maybe it will help me to get over my fear of umm... doing things badly.
In other news, the afternoon out with my mom and sisters was actually fairly delightful. We sat at a "Lovely" table (My mom requested a lovely one because it was a special occasion) which had a terrific view of the people on the street, and of the patio with the tables and chair overturned for the winter. Wendy got a boyfriend with a horrible sweater, we got purse-shaped ceramic holiday ornaments (Mine has a little chip, good thing we're a crafty bunch), and we got to see my mom happy and pleased with herself for pulling off a fun outing.

1 comment:
found you... via yo' sista
Eat.Pray.Love. sucked. I really really had a hard time reading it. I had it on hold at the library FOR-EV-ER because everyone was RAVING about it. I'm so happy I didn't break down and buy it, because I was tempted.
Anyway, I just gave into the Twilight series. The vampires are sexy and it makes me wish I was a teenager is love/lust again.
Post a Comment