Monday, June 16, 2008
Multiple To-Dos
A couple of weeks ago, Daniel made a to-do list. He wrote the days of the week and what we were going to do as a project each day. We have so much to do this Summer that it sort of seems overwhelming but breaking it down made it easier, and we accomplished most of what we had on our list, including painting the kitchen. I chose a pretty rad orange color for the big wall, Daniel did all of the work (with a little help from Lora), and it looks neat. "Someday" I think I might paint brown polka dots on it.
The little to-do list worked well, so I took the idea and went to the teacher supply store and got big poster board calendars for June, July, and August so that we can put the to-do lists on the calendars along with all of the normal calendarish things like doctor's appointments and field trips.
My task for today is to empty out the craft room. I don't have to sort any of the crap I pull out, I just have to clean it out. It's going to have a lifestyle change and become not the craft (crap-hole) room anymore... It's going to start its future as a closet/storage room in an attempt to get me and my clothes/shoes/bags/jewelry/junk under control by the end of August. I took a before picture of the room and I'll take after ones as well. I'm going down in a couple of minutes, after I feed myself some lunch... Hopefully I won't get lost in there and hopefully I won't get overwhelmed and decide that a nap sounds better than putting crayons, markers, paper, glue, yarn, photos, and whatever else is scattered around in there into boxes and moving them temporarily into the other room.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Good luck, summer will be over before we know it. :)
Post a Comment