Last week was such a whirlwind that it's hard having a one-day weekend this week. In exchange, I have a three-day weekend next week, so it's just a matter of making it though until Friday. Today Daniel and I were both off work which seems like it hasn't happened in a long time. He's been working a lot, and working a lot of Sundays. We had Lora with us, and we ended up spending most of the day shopping (Just for groceries and household crap, not for anything good).
We got home and put everything away and then I started to clean, since I won't have chore day tomorrow. I cleaned/reclaimed my color-blocked living room rug, and put the dog bed outside. I vacuumed but left the corner of the kitchen the way it was. The bowls still have food and water in them, I haven't been able to get rid of them yet. I'm not sure what I am even supposed to do with them. Do I wash them and save them for someday when we get a new dog? Do I give them to DI or something? Do I put them in the recycle bin?
I bought a new kitchen rug. I'd stopped using them when we got Merris because it seemed like all they did was serve as fur magnets.
I did a few loads of laundry. I don't know what I want to wear tomorrow but I know I don't want to have to fix my hair. The towels are folded and put away.
I watched two movies this weekend. Two entire movies. Better Off Dead and Parenthood. That's right, I had never seen either of them. I liked them both. More than the movies, I liked being wrapped in a blanket with Wonton soup or popcorn, sitting next to a boy who thinks I'm pretty even in gross jammies with no make-up and my hair weirdly pulled back with bobby pins. He's been so terrific this past week. I know he had it the most rough out of any of us but he didn't break down. He was strong and wonderful and took care of everything that he needed to, plus some.
Hopefully this-coming week stays calm and goes by quickly.
We got home and put everything away and then I started to clean, since I won't have chore day tomorrow. I cleaned/reclaimed my color-blocked living room rug, and put the dog bed outside. I vacuumed but left the corner of the kitchen the way it was. The bowls still have food and water in them, I haven't been able to get rid of them yet. I'm not sure what I am even supposed to do with them. Do I wash them and save them for someday when we get a new dog? Do I give them to DI or something? Do I put them in the recycle bin?
I bought a new kitchen rug. I'd stopped using them when we got Merris because it seemed like all they did was serve as fur magnets.
I did a few loads of laundry. I don't know what I want to wear tomorrow but I know I don't want to have to fix my hair. The towels are folded and put away.
I watched two movies this weekend. Two entire movies. Better Off Dead and Parenthood. That's right, I had never seen either of them. I liked them both. More than the movies, I liked being wrapped in a blanket with Wonton soup or popcorn, sitting next to a boy who thinks I'm pretty even in gross jammies with no make-up and my hair weirdly pulled back with bobby pins. He's been so terrific this past week. I know he had it the most rough out of any of us but he didn't break down. He was strong and wonderful and took care of everything that he needed to, plus some.
Hopefully this-coming week stays calm and goes by quickly.

2 comments:
I hope this week goes by fast for you too.. you need a nice long weekend to enjoy :)
Just a thought for the dog food stuff.. I know a certain brother of ours that while not being the best brother as of late... does have a dog that i think would definitely like the nice elevated feeder thingy.. seems better than tossing it?
I am also hoping this week goes by quickly and entirely more fucking smoothly than last week.
Post a Comment