We carved pumpkins this week with all of the kids. I love having all of them here together, it makes my heart happy. I love it when Dave wants to hang out with us.
Last Monday Daniel and I spent the entire day together thrift shopping. I was sad because the little slice of heaven (an antique store downtown called Vignettes) was closed even though we went during their posted hours of openness. Forced to peer through the window which was probably good for my debit card. I still marvel sometimes at how amazing it is that I found someone who can be my best friend, partner-in-crime, and absolute love of my life, and who enjoys so many of the same things as I do. I still don't understand the video game obsession but he works so hard, I think it's okay for him to get lost in whatever it is he's doing in the boys' room.
I can't believe it's almost November. This year has flown by, and been pretty awesome! I need to get more organized, or stop beating myself up about the things I want to accomplish but don't seem to get around to.
My baby sister is getting married next week. I think there's a lot to get done for the wedding still, mostly cooking and baking and figuring out what to wear.
My older brother and his wife and kids are flying out from Mass for the wedding and I wish I'd taken more time off work to be able to hang out with my family. We're super excited for the cousins to finally meet and I'm super excited that I get the opportunity to get to know my sister-in-law Christy. The only time I've really hung out with her was when I was there for their wedding so obviously things were hectic.
My brother Joe is coming home for the wedding too, I think the last time I saw him might have been in February. Good to know he still exists. I wish he'd come home to stay.
My older sister is bringing all seven of her children (all girls) I haven't seen them in a long time so that will be nice.
Tomorrow I'm going to clean my house and attempt more work on organizing my closet. Wish me luck. The shoes are out of effing control. It's funny that what once brought me so much joy now sort of seems like a chore... Is it a bad sign that I care a little bit less every day about how rad I look and sometimes I think if I had a smaller wardrobe I'd actually be happier? (I know that's crazy talk, don't worry I'll always dress funny.)
Last Monday Daniel and I spent the entire day together thrift shopping. I was sad because the little slice of heaven (an antique store downtown called Vignettes) was closed even though we went during their posted hours of openness. Forced to peer through the window which was probably good for my debit card. I still marvel sometimes at how amazing it is that I found someone who can be my best friend, partner-in-crime, and absolute love of my life, and who enjoys so many of the same things as I do. I still don't understand the video game obsession but he works so hard, I think it's okay for him to get lost in whatever it is he's doing in the boys' room.
I can't believe it's almost November. This year has flown by, and been pretty awesome! I need to get more organized, or stop beating myself up about the things I want to accomplish but don't seem to get around to.
My baby sister is getting married next week. I think there's a lot to get done for the wedding still, mostly cooking and baking and figuring out what to wear.
My older brother and his wife and kids are flying out from Mass for the wedding and I wish I'd taken more time off work to be able to hang out with my family. We're super excited for the cousins to finally meet and I'm super excited that I get the opportunity to get to know my sister-in-law Christy. The only time I've really hung out with her was when I was there for their wedding so obviously things were hectic.
My brother Joe is coming home for the wedding too, I think the last time I saw him might have been in February. Good to know he still exists. I wish he'd come home to stay.
My older sister is bringing all seven of her children (all girls) I haven't seen them in a long time so that will be nice.
Tomorrow I'm going to clean my house and attempt more work on organizing my closet. Wish me luck. The shoes are out of effing control. It's funny that what once brought me so much joy now sort of seems like a chore... Is it a bad sign that I care a little bit less every day about how rad I look and sometimes I think if I had a smaller wardrobe I'd actually be happier? (I know that's crazy talk, don't worry I'll always dress funny.)

8 comments:
I am so happy that you and Daniel found each other...you know that the two of you totally gave me hope, right? You are both awesome separately but combined you are a monster force of radness.
Excited to meet the rest of your family at the wedding next week!
And if you decide that you need to scale down that shoe collection of yours...you know who to call, right?! :)
The last part of that comment actually made me drool a little. HEE!
Wait... does this mean I may actually meet Joe?
Pants: Wee!! Thank you :) I'll keep you in mind for pawning off shoes but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. I haven't resigned myself to being style-less yet.
Sarah: No, we showed him your picture and told him not to go within 50 feet of you, or he'd risk ruining our bit.
terry's kids are coming..awesome. I'm totally down to help in any way I can.. and yeah, i hope we all get to spend some quality time hanging out w/o too much stress! my wedding was so busy and stressful.. we didn't get to hang out AT ALL.. it was crazy. alana is so excited to see Lora.. since she doesn't have any cousins out here.. she's totally fascinated with the whole idea.
happy for you and daniel.. so happy. can't wait to meet him and both chris' and so many others!
-Christy
I learn something new about you all of the time. Who knew you were an aunt to so many. seriously, I had no idea you had an older sister. I thought you were the leader of the clements three.
Lori: Our older sister is neither a Clements nor a mis-hap, that may be why you didn't know about her. She's a perfect Mormon Mom, right down to grinding wheat and homeschooling her brood.
I heard through the grapevine (Marcus) that you were at a wedding this weekend. Hope it was good and you had fun... did you ever find orange shoes to go with your dress? see you at work!
Post a Comment