Daniel is moving in, and with him are coming lots of neat changes to the house. We've rearranged all of the bedrooms to make the space work better, and repainted the upstairs rooms. Also with the boy, come things such as The Bubba Keg. It's a 52oz mug shaped like a football and it's one of those things that you just have to roll your eyes and laugh at, especially because it contrasts my decor so well.
Lora has a new green and blue room. Today we put wall decals up. I'm very, very pleased with how it's turning out!
Our bedroom is a trip to the 70s. How lucky am I to have found a guy who loves and appreciates such goofy crap as much as I do? The wallpaper mural came with the house and I vowed to keep it. It is now at the head of our bed. The yarn art once belonged to Lora's great grandmother. The afghan was destined for the D.I. pile at my dad's house but then his wife thought "That's ugly, I bet Aimee would like it." and so she saved it for me. She was right.
The boys' room is full of boxes now, but has a super awesome paint job. We'll never, ever do stripes again, ever! I'll post more pictures of it once it's decked out with all of the toys and everything (cereal boxes, Burger King cups).

1 comment:
yep... stripes suck the life out of you! I said the same thing when I did mine, "I will never do this again!" And my mother-in-law said the same about me when she went to throw out her pyrex..."this is old and ugly, I bet Stacey would want it" She was right!
Post a Comment