Saturday, November 15, 2008

Playing Catch (up)

The past couple of weeks have been kind of a blur. I've thought about going back and posting blogs with photos of all of our adventures but I think it's better to just start fresh-ish. There are photos on my Flickr page of Halloween fun and Wendy's wedding. Maybe I'm a bad mom/sister for not making dedicated posts, hopefully the world will forgive me.

I start a new job on Monday. I'm still going to be working for the same company, just in a different capacity. I've worked hard and waited for this opportunity for a very long time, and I am very excited about it. Our family will have to make some sacrifices initially (Like I'll be out of town next week so Daniel and Lora will have to resolve their own television issues and feed themselves dinner) but it will be a good change for us, and for me. I have the utmost faith in them being able to fend for themselves, but I feel a tiny twinge of guilt, mostly stemming from my own neuroses. I think it will be a good bonding experience for them. Lo loves Daniel to pieces and vice-versa. She's challenging because she's stubborn but we'll have a good long talk about behavior and expectations, and I'll have mobile phones on me. I think she still tries to test the limits sometimes as far as him being a parental figure vs. a playmate/jungle gym.

Lo is excited that she gets to spend a bunch of time with Aunt Suzanne (two sleep-overs!) and I am grateful that I have such a wonderful sister close-by to support me and help me out with things like this.

I get to have normal weekends now, so Lo's schedule with her dad will change. She will stay home with me on Friday nights and we will have Saturdays together. I'm looking forward to forging new traditions with that. Today we're going to get manicures! It's almost embarrassing to admit I've never had one, although I'm sure it's obvious by looking at my hands. We're also going to get the car washed and detailed, so it's a pampering sort of day all around, with the addition of doing laundry and a little bit of other not-super-fun stuff.

1 comment:

Maddie said...

I imagine watching Daniel and Lo resolve their television differences would be entertaining.