Thursday, May 14, 2009

School Carnival

This is a giant inflatable slide. They loved it.


Last week we took the kids to the carnival at Lo's school. There were the usual things, face painting, giant inflatable toys, cotton candy, and people to make fun of. The "people to make fun of" part is what convinced Dave to come with us. They had dinner for purchase at the school, hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, and Shasta... Because that doesn't fit the dietary guidelines of our family, we faced the challenge of deciding where to go to eat after. I wasn't looking forward to it, because it's difficult enough to try to find a place that the kids agree on, and then we have the added challenge of needing vegan options for Dave. I asked him where he wanted to go and he kept saying he didn't know. I forced him to be decisive, because he is the one with the most restrictions... We can find vegetarian options almost anywhere. He finally mentioned that Barbacoa is vegan-friendly, and Steven said "YESS! Barbacoa!!" so it was decided. Daniel doesn't like it (yes you read that right, there is a burrito that he doesn't like!) but I told him that it might be the only time the boys agreed on anything so we needed to go there. Also, I love it. Lo and I used to go there all the time and I haven't been in ages. I think we should trick Daniel into having to go there more often.

We had to make sure we got there on time so that the greatest teacher in the entire world would still be working the face painting booth. She was only there until six, and we made it! (phew)

The rest of the pictures are on Flickr!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

cutest little cat ever!