Monday, November 5, 2007

A half-inch closer to anxiety medication.

If you know me, you know I'm scared of almost everything. I've been able to relax about a lot of things in the past year or so, but I remain terrified of things like mold and spoiled food (among countless other things). Also, I check and recheck things. I open cottage cheese and sour cream containers in the grocery store to make sure that the safety seals are intact before I purchase them. I test the buttons on the lids of spaghetti sauce jars religiously before setting them in my cart. I look at expiration dates.

So HOW did I end up with a bottle of half&half that was (secretly) partially open, mostly sour, and totally spilled in my grocery bag from Target? There aren't enough profane words in my vocabulary to express my feelings about it... And that's saying something, because I have an extensive arsenal of unladylike language.

So from this day forward, my list of things to worry about remembering to check has grown: Don't close the car door without looking in your purse three times for your keys (even though you know you just put them in there) and test the cap of every bottle of everything.

3 comments:

Minnesota Fan said...

That reminds me of my invention: third-and-third-and-third. Actually, it's just at the prototype stage. Well, really, it's not a prototype but something I just thought of. The other third would be a proprietary energy blend (ginseng, caffeine and other stuff). Because regular coffee isn't enough anymore. Nobody has "regular" anything. It's all extra-strength or extra-large or something. This is the logical evolution of the dairy industry.

Sarah Bellum said...

Last week I came home with an expired container of cottage cheese.

I blame the dairy farmers, because I refuse to blame Target for anything negative.

Speaking of which, I miss our Target adventures.

Anonymous said...

I have OCD. Everything you do seems very logical.

Necessary, even.