Today could easily have been the worst day ever, but it somehow wasn't. There was a shitty part about it, no doubt. But I am one of the luckiest girls in the world, because my little circle is made up of some of the greatest people in the world.
- My two amazing (It would take a whole blog in itself to describe their amazingness) sisters who will come over in the middle of the night when I'm bored, or they're bored, or there's a holiday requiring sugar cookies, or when my heart is exploding with pain and anger.
- My pseudo-sister who smart, funny, beautiful, talented, and is always there for me electronically even when she can't be in real life (Damn my suburban lifestyle sometimes!) and who loves me no matter what, in spite of and because of the fact that I am sometimes a jerk. She keeps me sane and tells me when I'm being insane and I love her like a sister, so that's why she gets to be a pretend one.
- My Lora because she's saved my life more than once. She's the most amazing child I've ever seen. She's so full of new hilarious surprises every single day. She's growing up fast, it seems... But she's growing into the type of young lady I'm very proud to say I raised. And she forces me to "fake it 'til I make it" because even on the worst days, I have to put on a happy face and tear cheese into pieces small enough to be sandwiched between little bunny shaped graham crackers, and by the time I'm finished being silly with her, most of the time whatever it was that I was hiding for her sake seems a lot less important.
- Jon who lives in the basement, buys toilet paper, and helps make me feel safer in my own home, and who always comes through to help with stuff even if he's a little bit late.
- DT who makes me smile every day, a lot. I appreciate him so much and am so glad I have the opportunity to get to know him.
- My new chick friend. She must be something special, because "I really like her."
Oh, and Dunkin' Donuts coffee. Because it's tasty, warm, and brings us all together. Well not Jon, he is an alien and doesn't drink coffee. And not Lo, because she's too little to participate.
4 comments:
Fur cute!
Being a pseudo-sister to a Clements is the best title I'll ever hold.
Being a jerk is important in life, and I love that you get that. And that makes me love you even more.
Your early thanksgiving is just wonderful! It always feels to to appreciate the people around us who help us stay strong and cheery.
Speaking of holidays that require sugar cookie goodness, I believe there is one coming up shortly...
Post a Comment