I've decided that what I need is some company. Not that I'm lonely, just that I figure that there would be a lot less mess if one person did the sanding and one person held the shop-vac hose nearby and sucked up as much dust as possible as it fell. Of course, this wouldn't prevent the dust from filling my eyes, but it might help with the issue of it getting everywhere else.
I hate this. I've been putting it off for far too long because I knew it was going to be the worst thing ever. I'm trying to be grateful that I have the opportunity to paint this wall a pretty green color and make this house start to feel like a home, thankful that I don't have to put up with the whole rental game, ecstatic that I have a (sometimes) warm and (soon-to-be) pretty house for my daughter to grow up in, but I can't help but be a little bit angry that this whole problem was caused by someone who was "helping" without me being around to micro-manage.
Why do I get all freaked out when things aren't done my way? Probably because my way is usually the smartest, most efficient way, and I feel like if other people were capable of thinking the same way I do, I wouldn't have to worry so much about how they do things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Well said.
Post a Comment