Saturday, May 3, 2008

West Valley City. Again.

Yesterday I made a trip out to the West Side to kidnap Suzanne for lunch/sister-time. I have a whole new (albeit small) list of things to love about the place.

  • The Hires Big H on 4700 South is the cleanest one. Also, they give you more fries than the other ones. Also, the location provides excellent people-watching for obvious reasons. Not to mention the big red sign near the door that says "DO NOT LEAVE VALUABLES IN YOUR CAR."
  • Yard Sales. More specifically, God told Suzanne to have me take a different route back to her house which resulted in the absolute most amazing find of my lifetime. It's patio furniture, and it's awesome enough that it gave me the motivation to clean my patio this morning. I won't go into much detail about it because once all of the pieces are here (Some are in Suzanne's garage because it was all too grand to fit into my car) it will become a post all its own.
  • Circle K. These little convenience stores seem to only reside in the Western half of the valley. I stopped at one hoping to find something tasty/sugar-free/non-caffeinated to enjoy on my trip home. I ended up with some sort of wannabe Brazilian vitamin soda which was delightful, and I haven't seen or heard of it prior to my visit.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

God also told me that your fabulous new patio furniture requires you to have lots of outdoor funtime at your place this summer!

Anonymous said...

Ditto what Sue wrote.

Maddie said...

I can't wait to see it!

I went garage sale-ing and to D.I. this weekend...had fun, want to do it more often!