Monday, April 28, 2008

Vacation Pt. 1

The first wing of my vacation (It has wings because I have to work two days this week) was fairly successful. Saturday was girl brunch with Pants. I liked the place (Pinon Market... Saturdays = Cinnamon Rolls) so much that I think I'm going to go back on Wednesday. After brunch we went to Nordstrom Rack where it was apparently Blue Shoe Day for me, because I ended up with two pairs, both blue.

Sunday I got coffee at Beans n Brews by my house... They have a sign on the door that essentially says "Sorry we're inept, we're new but we'll fix it if we mess up." They managed to upset me on my visit and all I ordered was a large drip coffee. Their ineptitude in my case was simply the fact that there were two people working, one taking drive-thru orders and the other getting frustrated at himself for sucking at making coffee, thus taking forever to do so. A third kid finally showed up, and took my order. He then took the order of the man behind me who ordered the same thing as I did. The kid filled the man's cup and there I stood, coffeeless. I wasn't intending to complain but that sort of took the cake. I asked the kid why he hadn't gotten my coffee and he explained that he had put my ticket "For them to get". I informed him that I had been standing there for nearly ten minutes waiting for "Them" to get to me, and that it wasn't going to happen, and that I thought it was more than a little stupid that he hadn't gotten it. He replied with "I had to take the order for the guy behind you." To which i of course replied "That's fine, you should have gotten my coffee, and then his, because I was waiting forever for you already." I decided to let up because he looked like he might cry, and I even thanked him nicely and told him that I had forgiven him because he had remembered that I had asked him to throw a few ice cubes into my coffee to cool it off so that I could drink it.

Everything was all better once I was caffeinated and we were on our way to Over The Counter for breakfast. I had never been there before, but I will for sure go back, it was yum-o. We went to Lowe's for supplies and spent a long time wandering. I mentioned not wanting plants that have to be watered every day and I heard a voice from behind me start announcing to whomever was in earshot "ALL plants MUST be watered dailly until they are established. NO plant is drought tolerant until it is ESTABLISHED." I sort of wanted to tell the lady that while I wasn't exactly successful in college, I passed the hell out of my "Biology of cultivated plants" class, so I understand the THEORY behind keeping plants alive. The time period between planting and establishment is short enough that I could remember to take care of them... I just don't want to have to babysit them forever. I got annoyed and left with no plants because I couldn't decide what I wanted. Sunday night was grocery shopping. The great thing about bringing Daniel along is that because I have two companions the cart gets pushed AND the list gets monitored, so all I have to do is walk along and hope that Daniel doesn't ride the cart into anything and that Lora remembers to cross things off the list.

Today I went to Costco for Splenda, chips, gum, and gasoline. I also ended up with a box of Boca burgers so I guess it was a success. I came home and tried to get motivated for chores but ended up napping away most of the afternoon. I did eventually get (some of) the chores done, as well as making dinner and a batch of blueberry muffins. Tomorrow I go back to work for a day and then Wednesday I'm back off... Big plans of thrift shopping (looking) and lunch with Daniel. Please pray for me that I won't find anything I can't live without... My bank account thanks you in advance.

2 comments:

Maddie said...

Even though Pinion doesn't have cinnamon rolls on weekdays, they do have daily fresh baked goods (which we didn't even talk about because, HOLY F! CINNAMON ROLLS!). Baked goods are at the far right side of the store: savory biscuits (which you had), scones and muffins. And they usually have quick bread too.

It was great to see you. I am loving the hell out of my Rack purchases...and I'm about to love the hell out of the end of finals - yay!

Stacey said...

I very very much enjoyed reading this post. Very much.