I got this in my email from Suzanne but I figured I'd answer it here because it sort of counts as keeping up with the blog, which I've vowed to do better at...
Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, & try not to be a SCROOGE! Copy (not forward) this entire email & paste into a new e-mail you can send. Change all the answers so they apply to you. Then send it to a bunch of people you know, INCLUDING the person that sent it to you....Tis the Season to be NICE!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I like to wrap things, very neatly. It was one thing my mom taught me well when I was little. I even prefer Scotch "Magic Tape" because it disappears the best. Also I have a thing for ribbon, and I LOVE curling ribbon. I remember a store in Shrewsbury, Mass that was in the same building as the Christmas Tree Shop (It's year round discount heaven!) that only sold ribbon... all types of ribbon. Sue and I loved it there. They had grab bags full of scraps which were my favorite.
2. Real tree or Artificial? I have mixed feelings on this. because of financial and environmental concerns, and the facts that a) I kill plants because I always forget to water them and b) I don't like things that create extra messes because I have a hard enough time keeping up with ordinary messes, I have an artificial tree that Jon and I hunted down one Sunday morning last year.
3. When do you put up the tree? I think Daniel said we're going to do it on Friday night. I don't know if that's this Friday or next Friday. Probably next Friday because when I left town the Halloween decorations were only half taken down.
4. When do you take the tree down? When I get around to it... New Years ish, or I take the decorations off and wait for it to be magically disassembled. That's worked pretty well for me in recent years. My sisters are magical, we don't call them "The Faeries" for no reason.
5. Do you like Egg Nog? I haven't had it in years because of its sugar content but it's thick and gaggy unless it's mixed with at least an equal part skim milk.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? The year Santa left all of the presents in the garage, I think I was probably 6 years old... They were in black garbage bags and my mom said that Santa was pissed off that our house was too messy so he left our presents in the garage and they could come inside when the house was clean. I got a play kitchen that you could pour water into a reservoir and make it come out of the faucet for real, and when you turned the knob for the burners on the stove thhey magically changed from black to red. I played with it in the garage until we moved out of that house.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My sisters and Lo because I have to reign myself in. This year probably Daniel because I dunno what he wants or needs except snowboard gloves that he'll likely buy for himself before Christmas gets here, and I wouldn't want to buy them because he needs to choose them.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Anyone who just wants a Starbucks gift card.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? No but I'd like to have a sick vintage one for the kitsch factor.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? If I bothered with them I would mail them. I imagine we'll bother with them this year.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I'm just going to go with what Suzanne said on this one... "too many to list, mostly from my mom.. haha."
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I've never seen "A Christmas Story" and Daniel thinks that's a sin. I've kind of let it become a thing with me, like Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings. The only one I've seen in recent years is Olive the Other Reindeer, we have it on VHS somewhere.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Depends. I sort of already started, I got something for Suzanne.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? A very gold and maroon themed Christmas village house thing with a musical snowglobe attached. I got it from my boss one year, never even opened it, and then gave it to my sister-in-law because it's very pretty and she likes very pretty things because she's from Russia. Please say "Very pretty" slowly and with some sort of weird accent so you'll sound like my mom when she talks to Irina.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Food, lots of food. And breakfast.
16. Lights on the tree? It was so hard to find a tree that I liked that wasn't prelit. I have bright retro looking lights with little plastic stars around them.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Punk Rock versions of classics, Punk Rock ones in general, and any and all versions of "Santa Baby"
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay at home! My family comes over and we eat, drink, and play games, then we have Christmas morning. Santa doesn't come to our house so we give things to each other because we love each other. Weird.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen... Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen... I had to sing it in my head.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star. The grosser the better. Suzanne don't you worry I stocked up last year when I found "The One" and I have a couple you can choose from!
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Jammies and games can be opened Christmas Eve. The rest wait until morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Stressed out people being jerks. Snow. Cold.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Tacky. Kitschy. Sick.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Whatever we decide to family it up with is fine by me.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I got a new coat already so I think I'm done. Really all I want in the world, I have. I have a great family, the most amazing guy in the whole world, a little crazy offspring who is happy and healthy, and I'm happy in my job.
26. Who is most likely to respond to this? I think anyone who'd respond already did this via email except I'd like to see Christy's.
27. Who is least likely to respond to this? Daniel. I would have said Sarah but she already responded to spite Suzanne.
Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, & try not to be a SCROOGE! Copy (not forward) this entire email & paste into a new e-mail you can send. Change all the answers so they apply to you. Then send it to a bunch of people you know, INCLUDING the person that sent it to you....Tis the Season to be NICE!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I like to wrap things, very neatly. It was one thing my mom taught me well when I was little. I even prefer Scotch "Magic Tape" because it disappears the best. Also I have a thing for ribbon, and I LOVE curling ribbon. I remember a store in Shrewsbury, Mass that was in the same building as the Christmas Tree Shop (It's year round discount heaven!) that only sold ribbon... all types of ribbon. Sue and I loved it there. They had grab bags full of scraps which were my favorite.
2. Real tree or Artificial? I have mixed feelings on this. because of financial and environmental concerns, and the facts that a) I kill plants because I always forget to water them and b) I don't like things that create extra messes because I have a hard enough time keeping up with ordinary messes, I have an artificial tree that Jon and I hunted down one Sunday morning last year.
3. When do you put up the tree? I think Daniel said we're going to do it on Friday night. I don't know if that's this Friday or next Friday. Probably next Friday because when I left town the Halloween decorations were only half taken down.
4. When do you take the tree down? When I get around to it... New Years ish, or I take the decorations off and wait for it to be magically disassembled. That's worked pretty well for me in recent years. My sisters are magical, we don't call them "The Faeries" for no reason.
5. Do you like Egg Nog? I haven't had it in years because of its sugar content but it's thick and gaggy unless it's mixed with at least an equal part skim milk.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? The year Santa left all of the presents in the garage, I think I was probably 6 years old... They were in black garbage bags and my mom said that Santa was pissed off that our house was too messy so he left our presents in the garage and they could come inside when the house was clean. I got a play kitchen that you could pour water into a reservoir and make it come out of the faucet for real, and when you turned the knob for the burners on the stove thhey magically changed from black to red. I played with it in the garage until we moved out of that house.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My sisters and Lo because I have to reign myself in. This year probably Daniel because I dunno what he wants or needs except snowboard gloves that he'll likely buy for himself before Christmas gets here, and I wouldn't want to buy them because he needs to choose them.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Anyone who just wants a Starbucks gift card.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? No but I'd like to have a sick vintage one for the kitsch factor.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? If I bothered with them I would mail them. I imagine we'll bother with them this year.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I'm just going to go with what Suzanne said on this one... "too many to list, mostly from my mom.. haha."
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I've never seen "A Christmas Story" and Daniel thinks that's a sin. I've kind of let it become a thing with me, like Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings. The only one I've seen in recent years is Olive the Other Reindeer, we have it on VHS somewhere.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Depends. I sort of already started, I got something for Suzanne.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? A very gold and maroon themed Christmas village house thing with a musical snowglobe attached. I got it from my boss one year, never even opened it, and then gave it to my sister-in-law because it's very pretty and she likes very pretty things because she's from Russia. Please say "Very pretty" slowly and with some sort of weird accent so you'll sound like my mom when she talks to Irina.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Food, lots of food. And breakfast.
16. Lights on the tree? It was so hard to find a tree that I liked that wasn't prelit. I have bright retro looking lights with little plastic stars around them.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Punk Rock versions of classics, Punk Rock ones in general, and any and all versions of "Santa Baby"
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay at home! My family comes over and we eat, drink, and play games, then we have Christmas morning. Santa doesn't come to our house so we give things to each other because we love each other. Weird.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen... Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen... I had to sing it in my head.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star. The grosser the better. Suzanne don't you worry I stocked up last year when I found "The One" and I have a couple you can choose from!
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Jammies and games can be opened Christmas Eve. The rest wait until morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Stressed out people being jerks. Snow. Cold.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Tacky. Kitschy. Sick.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Whatever we decide to family it up with is fine by me.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I got a new coat already so I think I'm done. Really all I want in the world, I have. I have a great family, the most amazing guy in the whole world, a little crazy offspring who is happy and healthy, and I'm happy in my job.
26. Who is most likely to respond to this? I think anyone who'd respond already did this via email except I'd like to see Christy's.
27. Who is least likely to respond to this? Daniel. I would have said Sarah but she already responded to spite Suzanne.

4 comments:
that was a fun blog post!! I am copying it to mine!! Miss you and I hope that all is well!!
PS- You forgot effing Rudolph...
heh. I totally did. Except that he's not "Real."
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? mix of both.. come on now.. I don't have time to wrap everything! my kids get all wrapping.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. So much easier!
3. When do you put up the tree? sometime near Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? New Years Day or very soon thereafter.. I've had enough by then and I need room to put stuff.
5. Do you like Egg Nog? I don't think so.. I'm pretty sure I never tried it.. but i don't like eggs..
6. Favorite gift received as a child? there were so many.. my sony cassette walkman was a big hit... but someone stole it from my locker when I was in 8th grade.. ass!
7. Hardest person to buy for? My Father.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Alana.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Negative
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail!!!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? socks that were slippers or something. they were bad.. very bad. and never in my life have I worn slippers.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Its a Wonderful Life.. my all time favorite!!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Beginning of december.. but I don't get serious until the week before.. why do I do that! guess the pressure has to be on for me to be effective..
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't think so.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? candy canes I guess
16. Lights on the tree? white ones- pre lit
17. Favorite Christmas song? I'm such a nerd, but I love Alana's kidz bop christmas sing along CD..all the songs..dork
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? travel to the "shire" parents..
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? I don't think so.. pretty close..
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Nothing.. I need one.. either is fine as long as its the perfect fit.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? both.. same as u aimee.. pjs on xmas eve.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? crowded stores and always being out of the right sizes.. guess thats why last minute shopping isn't ideal.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? red, silver, glittery..
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? none.. dessert is the best part, especially if its that delicious truffle my mom makes so well!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? happy, healthy family.. and friends of course!
26. Who is most likely to respond to this? umm.. maybe Sarah G or Jen McCulloch..but who knows. I want everyone to.
27. Who is least likely to respond to this? Rose, Colleen.. love you girls!
Merry Christmas!!
Post a Comment