The other night, Daniel and I took the little kids out for ice cream. While we were sitting there, Lo announced that she would like to have a Pokemon themed birthday party this year. Of course I wasn't surprised, and I said it would be fine. She included a request for a Pokemon shaped cake, but I told her that I wasn'tsure I knew how to make one.
Luckily, both kids had great ideas. My favorite was Steven's:
"I know how to make a Pokemon cake, you just buy a cake but don't get the 'Happy Birthday' put on it... Then you just cut it out in the shape of a Pokemon."
We've taught him that food can be prepared without using packages and envelopes. We've taught him that pancakes are easy to make and that pancake mix isn't just to look pretty in the package for a few years... and that cookies can be made "From stuff" and not just from premade dough.
Apparently the next important life lesson is that birthday cakes can be "Made" using methods other than stopping at the store on the way home because you forgot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment