Sunday, March 1, 2009

Thrift Store Score!

On Saturday afternoon, I got a picture text from Daniel (who was on his way home from work) saying he was at D.I. and these were $2 each and should he get them:
I immediately felt sad, and called him. I was kind of upset that he'd gone without me, because I haven't been able to go thrifting since before I got hurt, and it's been a month. He told me that the statues were over a foot tall, and I told him to get them. He also said he got a couple of tee shirts, and that one was for me. When he got home, he gave me my tee shirt, an owl statue, and the creepy angels/choir girls and then told me I had to close my eyes for the next things while he got them from the car. When I was (finally) allowed to open my eyes, after hearing him dropping/building something I discovered a pair of end tables that we've been searching for for a while, to use as nightstands in our bedroom. We have an amazing pair of lamps in the closet that have been waiting for tables and shades (I took the dusty gross shades off of them at the D.I. and left them there) so now we have the tables, and we just need to search out the perfect shades.

Here is the haul:See how big the statues are? Amazing. Also, my tee shirt present was obviously the Poison concert tee from the 2007 tour. The owl has its original sticker on the bottom, dated 1963, and you can see how perfect the little tables are.

Daniel's other tee shirt was just one of those "HUH?" type things... It is obviously a joke to us, but for real, it wasn't a joke when they made it... so I'm pretty happy they decided to get rid of it.

I can't wait to be able to go out shopping again. I am going to attempt Target today. I am doing okay at learning to walk/weaning myself off of crutches. I am fairly confident that I will be able to get groceries with the shopping cart and a crutch or two as support.

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

i think im going to the wrong DI. neeeeed that little owl so bad it hurts.

Stacey said...

um.....can you say "you two are so perfect I'm going to barf?" but I love it really. And I love the shirts!

Stacey said...

oh, and I'm glad you're finally making it to Target because I saw this bowl with green and yellow pears on it that looks like the 1960 and I thought of you. Hope you found it and bought it, it needs your home!

McKay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marcus said...

Your bf is sure funny...