First off, Easter was Sunday, today is Thursday, and the bunnymenagerie and all other easter decorations have already been taken down. I think that's a record for me.
Next, the recap. Last Wednesday we decorated eggs with the kids. Watching the 36 year old kid get down with the eggs just like the actual kids cracked me up. Of course he made some punkrock eggs because he's a goofball (and it should come as no surprise that his goofballness is one of the things about him that I love the most). The little ones hand painted some, stamped some, and did great things with the "magical" crayon. My job was mostly to sit there and make that worried noise/face I make and try not to be too neurotic about the fact that there were kids and dye and splashing and everything else going on. I did attempt to paint flowers on one egg, but I quickly learned that the weird little plastic paintbrush did not offer enough control for my taste. We had a lot of fun and didn't make too much of a mess. I don't know if I can ever say enough how much I love kid night. It is very often frazzling to my nerves but it's wonderful too!
On Sunday we went to my dad's house for a big family dinner and an egg hunt for the little ones. Some of the big ones (Jon) were a little bit sad about the lack of egg hunting for them but they survived. Being the genius that she is, the Easter Bunny (cough: Janell) color coded the eggs and other small treasures because of the age difference between Lo and her little cousin Luke. besides scoring lots of candy, there was a bottle of bubbles for each of the kids. I don't know who was more excited about the bubbles... Lora or Daniel! They stayed outside blowing bubbles for a while and it was so cute to watch them playing together.
Lo keeps asking when the next holiday is. I like to think it's because decorations are so fun and the thought of going several months without holiday decorations is somewhat irksome. Honestly though, I think it's probably because we've been having record-breaking awesome holidays lately so she's excited for more of the same. I told her Mother's Day is the next one... She better get busy!

1 comment:
I've decided I love Easter eggs, even though eating them makes me want to barf. Decorating is so much fun! Oddly enough, I rocked a magic crayon and turned out a punk rock egg too.
I miss you!
Post a Comment