Sunday, March 30, 2008

Pyrex and Productivity




I finally got (most of) my Pyrex on the wall today. Of course nestled in with it were other treasures, like a way-too-large collection of vases and another collection of geometric glassware, and another of green glassware. Needless to say, there isn't enough space for everything so a lot of the clear glass will be stored in a cupboard, but at least it will not be packed away in boxes anymore. Along with arranging the dishes on the shelves, I cleaned the living room floor, which led to a sudden urge to rearrange the furniture. Lots of the vases and other treasures made their way to the mantel which is fine because with no holidays looming, it is time to figure out what the decor of this house is on a "Normal" day. I've decided that I'm going to try my hand at houseplants. I have managed to keep both a cactus and a bunch of bamboo alive all winter, so maybe, just maybe, I can keep a regular plant alive... Or maybe I'll stick with succulents because they are easy to maintain, and move onto regular plants if that goes well. I do manage to keep myself alive, as well as the little girl child and the dog so there's hope!

4 comments:

durenfamily said...

I have now have 5 cactus plants that are all so unique and a bamboo plant. The cactus plants I have had for a month and I think we are really going to get along. Each pot has different plants. My snow if back. :( Hopefully not for long.

durenfamily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
durenfamily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
durenfamily said...

I somehow posted my comment 3 times. So that is why they are deleted.