It's been mentioned that I "Never update" so I thought I'd play catch-up. Life has changed so dramatically in the past few months, and I've been busy with it. This afternoon I decided to clean out my car and I found Christmas gifts that never came into the house... Sad. The days and weeks blur together with a new routine that is so crazy and wonderful that it sounds bad to me to call it a routine.
Learning to balance things is still a challenge. I keep telling myself that as the days get longer and warmer everything will be easier and it seems to be pretty true. The fact that it's almost 5:30pm and it's still light and not so cold that I want to turn up the heat and crawl into pajamas and camping socks is helpful. I went shopping today without a list and that has resulted in the need for a second trip, because dryer sheets, dog food, and oatmeal are not things that we can live without until I make it to the store another day because there isn't time any of the other days. Tuesdays don't have enough hours in them because I come home, wash the work cooties off, make dinner, help Lo get her lunch together, reading and playing, and then bedtime followed by cleaning up and crashing myself. Wednesdays seem to have turned into kid night light, with dinner and playtime. This usually involves a pair of giggly children who are deaf because a little-known fact about Nintendo DS systems is that they have an effect on kids' ears, causing them to stop functioning when it comes to all things not game-related. This week the kids will have functioning ears though, because we're going to trade the video games for little cups of egg dye. Thursdays are when I can see friends or slow down and visit with my sisters. Maybe this week Sarah will get her Christmas present? I'll throw in some easter treats and it will be like an Easter basket with snowmen on it... Two Jesus holidays in one! Fridays are kid night for real. I love Friday nights almost more than any other because of the warm/fuzzy/content feeling they bring. Shopping or baking alone and just generally having "me" time (Please don't look at my neglected eyebrows and fingernails) have been replaced with amazingly fun and silly kid activities like making our own pizzas and playing games at home or going out to a movie (I learned this week that movie treats for four people cost more than the movie tickets). We've also done things like decorate holiday cookies (My attempt at whole-wheat sugar cookies for Valentine's day got a whole bunch of thumbs down for taste but they were oh-so-fun to decorate) I promised that all future cookies will involve nothing healthy whatsoever, but we decided that the Easter treats will be cupcakes (I'll be in my kitchen Friday night surrounded by icing and sprinkles if you need me, or a sugar fix... there will be plenty to share). Saturday nights are proof that I'm getting better at balancing. I've managed to not only not stay in my jammies, but actually get dolled up and leave the house two in a row, and have plans for a third. Sundays always have huge important plans that mostly center around sleeping in... way, way in, followed by errands and that brings me back to Mondays, with more errands, house cleaning, and if I'm very very lucky, lunch with my sister like today.
So that's where I've been, caught up in a whirlwind of awesomeness and loving every busy (and sometimes frustrating) minute of it.
Learning to balance things is still a challenge. I keep telling myself that as the days get longer and warmer everything will be easier and it seems to be pretty true. The fact that it's almost 5:30pm and it's still light and not so cold that I want to turn up the heat and crawl into pajamas and camping socks is helpful. I went shopping today without a list and that has resulted in the need for a second trip, because dryer sheets, dog food, and oatmeal are not things that we can live without until I make it to the store another day because there isn't time any of the other days. Tuesdays don't have enough hours in them because I come home, wash the work cooties off, make dinner, help Lo get her lunch together, reading and playing, and then bedtime followed by cleaning up and crashing myself. Wednesdays seem to have turned into kid night light, with dinner and playtime. This usually involves a pair of giggly children who are deaf because a little-known fact about Nintendo DS systems is that they have an effect on kids' ears, causing them to stop functioning when it comes to all things not game-related. This week the kids will have functioning ears though, because we're going to trade the video games for little cups of egg dye. Thursdays are when I can see friends or slow down and visit with my sisters. Maybe this week Sarah will get her Christmas present? I'll throw in some easter treats and it will be like an Easter basket with snowmen on it... Two Jesus holidays in one! Fridays are kid night for real. I love Friday nights almost more than any other because of the warm/fuzzy/content feeling they bring. Shopping or baking alone and just generally having "me" time (Please don't look at my neglected eyebrows and fingernails) have been replaced with amazingly fun and silly kid activities like making our own pizzas and playing games at home or going out to a movie (I learned this week that movie treats for four people cost more than the movie tickets). We've also done things like decorate holiday cookies (My attempt at whole-wheat sugar cookies for Valentine's day got a whole bunch of thumbs down for taste but they were oh-so-fun to decorate) I promised that all future cookies will involve nothing healthy whatsoever, but we decided that the Easter treats will be cupcakes (I'll be in my kitchen Friday night surrounded by icing and sprinkles if you need me, or a sugar fix... there will be plenty to share). Saturday nights are proof that I'm getting better at balancing. I've managed to not only not stay in my jammies, but actually get dolled up and leave the house two in a row, and have plans for a third. Sundays always have huge important plans that mostly center around sleeping in... way, way in, followed by errands and that brings me back to Mondays, with more errands, house cleaning, and if I'm very very lucky, lunch with my sister like today.

1 comment:
Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy!
Post a Comment