I work on the west side, yo. The area around 5600 West and however far south all of that Highbury stuff is being built has become a little bit of a lunch-time stomping ground for me. Here are some things I've noticed lately.
-The guy at West Valley Bux (The one in the Kohl's plaza) is so endearingly slow that it's hard to be upset with him. His name is surely either Lenny or Guy Smiley.
-There are cute colorful contemporary/modern town homes being built. Someone forgot "Location is everything." I'm not in the market for a town home, but they are so so cute!
-"Buffet City" looks as if it's almost ready to open. Finally! What is Buffet City? I have no idea but with a name like that, it's bound to provide a good people watching (read: shit-talking) opportunity.
-The world stops turning when Fazoli's doesn't have a buzzer thing to give to the person ordering. Nobody can function. Possibly they should have figured out to charge the stupid things before lunch time? Or possibly there should be an alternative to relying on gadgetry to keep track of who's food is who's? It's fast food after all, if I wanted a buzzer thing I'd go to Chili's on a Friday night. Just kidding, not even the promise of vibrations and flashing red lights could make me do that.
-They're building a bunch of crap so hopefully there are plans for a stop light which will make it possible to turn left out of the Wal-Mart parking lot. I mean, It's a Wal-Mart, shouldn't they have planned for heavy traffic? (note: I don't actually go to the Wal-Mart, but Fazoli's shares the parking lot entrance.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
"Buffet City" sounds like prime people watching territory.
I thought you were the person at walmart late at night with you kid. I read your blogs for a good laugh.
pants- Maybe we can go there for bingo?
duren- Oh yes, it's totally appropriate to drag small children to dens of discount iniquity in the middle of the night. I might, if she was dieing and needed medicine, and there was no such thing as a 24 hour Rite-Aid, Walgreens, or Smith's.
Post a Comment