Monday, April 14, 2008
Little Bit Bummed
My dear friend Randypants was going to come for a visit at the end of this month and he's had to cancel it. For as much anxiety as the thought of having a house guest (I get anxious when people come over for a few minutes... so the nervousness I feel at the idea of having someone STAY here is soooo much more) caused, I knew it would be fun and I knew I could do it, and I'd be okay once he got here, because I've done it before. I'm sad that I won't get to see him. We have great adventures together, like eating too much Thai food and ice cream, treasure hunting in thrift and vintage stores, and comparing our nations' slurpee quality. I took some vacation days in order to spend time having fun while he was here, and I'm thinking about keeping them scheduled and using the time to accomplish things. Somehow I doubt that painting walls and installing moldings will be as fun as lusting after terribly awesome stuff from the 70's with my favorite Canadian but there will be a sense of accomplishment and I guess that's good too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Boo!
:-(
Post a Comment