Today I promised Daniel that if he would come home from work and get in the shower immediately, I'd let him come to Bountiful with me to get Lora and we'd stop at Del Taco on the way and he could get a burrito. He was overcome with the giddy, almost childish excitement that is one of the things that cracks me up about him.
After his shower, he got dressed in a ratty, too big, paint-covered Auburn University tee shirt and his favorite pair of shorts. The fact that he put on a beanie is no surprise and probably doesn't even need to be mentioned. He picked up his car keys and his beloved Star Wars wallet (Suzanne made it for him) and said "Okay, I'm waitin' on you now." and I headed for the door. He raced me down the stairs to show that he was not going to be accused of dawdling or lagging behind. I told him I was still going to be waiting for him, because he needed to get shoes on. He said that he wasn't planning on getting out of the car so he didn't need to put on shoes, he could just go in bare feet, since I was driving. I started laughing, and he kept asking why.
I was laughing because he's so adorably simple-acting sometimes, despite being the most intelligent and quick-witted guy I know.
His response to my laughter was repeatedly asking "Whaaat?" and then with a look of realization, suddenly saying, "Oh no. I'm gonna get Twittered."
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Daniel rules!
When are we hanging out? I miss you guys!
best part is that he most like pronounced it.. "goana git twittrd"
I like him too.
Post a Comment