Today it rained all morning. I wore patent leather shoes anyway.
I went to the eye doctor because It's been three years since I had my eyes checked, and my vision has changed a bit for the worse. I decided a little while ago that since I've been the girl with "the glasses" for a very, very long time but now everyone has cool glasses... That I would revert to contacts for a while before giving in and getting lasik next year. Adding to my decision was being told by a client that I had "Sarah Palin" glasses. The optician told me today that my glasses were cool, and her glasses were sick, and that crazy people all over the country are searching out her particular frames to buy. He said that he gets calls every day but refuses to bring the frames in. I'm proud of him.
I'm the owner of sick white aviator sunglasses. Not because I actually wanted them, but because I got my eyes dilated and had to stop at Big Lots on my way to the Gateway so that I wouldn't have to be seen in the awesome ones the eye doctor gave me. My new sunglasses cost $1.39 (tax included) and made me feel self-conscious like a J-Lo wannabe all afternoon.
I met up with my friend Laura and two of her three little daughters at the Gateway this afternoon. Laura was unlucky enough to be my room-roommate at Ricks College, so she's very familiar with my punky past. We hadn't seen each other in about five years so it was very nice to see her and to catch up. Her little girls are beautiful and she's just as cute and young looking as when we were 18. I swear she hasn't aged! She's such a cute mom, doing silly things like hiding a french fry in a little purse to get the baby to fish it out and eat it. It was so, so nice to see her and spend the afternoon hanging out. We kept saying how we live to close to never see each other, and it's so true. I would love to make a habit of hanging out with her and her family. Seeing her today made me realize that I miss having friends like her, and she's one of the few examples of old friends who I feel like are the kind of friends who even when years have gone by, you're still friends and can pick up where you left off.
I got four shirts for under $14. Two from Old Navy that were marked down to 97 cents each, and two from The Gap that were $4.97 each so I'm pretty excited about them. In my poor (read:responsible/family-oriented) state recently, I haven't done very much shopping at all (I mean AT ALL ... I went to the mall ONCE this summer and bought 3 camisoles, 2 belts, and a shirt and spent under $30. I know, weird.)
I like root beer. I might even become obsessed with diet root beer. Just so you know.
Monday, September 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
97 CENTS?! I just drooled all over my laptop.
I love old friends that you're able to pick up with, no matter how much time has passed. That's how my friend Stephanie and I are...though we recently decided we are much happier being in each others lives and just because we can pick up after years, doesn't mean we should let it go that long. I heart friends!
Oh man, I wish you had a picture of that redneck guy playing "Buck hunter" but your discription was awesome so I have a picture in my mind, it's very clear.
P.S. I saw those peanut butter and jelly fried sandwichs on T.V. and really wanted to try one. It's to late, so I expect a very detailed discription of that experience as well!
It was a fun time. I love the shirts I bought, nothing like a good deal. So lets get together soon.
Post a Comment