Apparently this weekend was for hanging stuff up.
I've had this light for a few years, it's been carted around from house to house but never actually found its way onto a wall. Its original home was in Lo's great grandmother's house where it hung above the fireplace. The first time I saw it, I was in love. After she passed away, there were several things that the family didn't know what to do with because they were so awful, so Devon made sure that they found a good home with me, because of course I'm the only person anybody knows who would think something like this was a worthwhile decoration. Lucky for me, Daniel loves it almost as much as I do. It is where it belongs now, hanging above our living room fireplace.
I've had this light for a few years, it's been carted around from house to house but never actually found its way onto a wall. Its original home was in Lo's great grandmother's house where it hung above the fireplace. The first time I saw it, I was in love. After she passed away, there were several things that the family didn't know what to do with because they were so awful, so Devon made sure that they found a good home with me, because of course I'm the only person anybody knows who would think something like this was a worthwhile decoration. Lucky for me, Daniel loves it almost as much as I do. It is where it belongs now, hanging above our living room fireplace.
These are Daniel's. He bought them second-hand way back in the day, and had them reframed. I think he was surprised that I would want them to hang in our living room, but I think they're super neat. We discussed their placement for a long time before deciding that the best place was front and center on the big green wall.
On Saturday I didn't have to work so I spent part of the morning hunting and gathering purses, which I rounded up and hung on the walls in my closet. Saturday night we fell asleep around 6pm which led to me wanting to be awake at about 3 in the morning on Sunday. Daniel went to work and what else would a girl do at 4am but make a craft project that she's been planning (putting off) for several months? I have two bulletin boards from Ikea that I wanted to use for hanging necklaces on. I painted the wood frames sort of a robin's egg blue, and then used an old sheet to cover the cork surface. This project was important for a couple of reasons... It's been a long time since I sat down to make a craft. The other big thing? I finished it!

5 comments:
You and Daniel KICK ASS at hanging stuff on walls!
And your cork board jewelry storage turned out sweet!
I love everything.
P.S. Thanks for posting such sexy pictures of me/us! ;)
Your house is coming together so nicely! Im really really happy for you, it seems like everyday you are getting closer and closer to everything you've ever wanted. You deserve it all.
WHY DON'T YOU WANT MY SHIP LAMP? It is equally terrible. Take it...
Go to my blog to see it.
love
Aaron
Everything looks nice. Maybe I need to wake up at 4 am and the creativity will flow right out of me!
Post a Comment