For the past several months we've been having "Kid night" on Wednesdays. Afterward, we'd go to our respective homes to put kids to bed (usually too late because it was hard to pry them away from each other and their Nintendos). When we first decided to move in together and be a family, we talked about how much easier life would be when we could say "Okay, you guys go to your rooms, it's time for bed." But it seemed so far away and part of me thought it might not really happen, just because it was too good to be true and for a while I was certain I'd wake up to find it a dream.
As I type this: Homework is complete. The kids are in the boys' room watching a movie while Daniel and I make dinner (macaroni & cheese and veggie dogs!).
After dinner: The kids will have showers, brush their teeth, read books, and then... They'll go to their rooms, in our house, when it is time for bed.
EDIT: Apparently the plural form of "Nintendo" is "Nintendi" and not "Nintendos" as I had typed it originally. Thanks to Daniel for correcting such an awful and ignorant mistake on my part.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
What a happy ending to your story! Good thing Daniel is around to keep you smrt.
Happy times infinity!
Wow.. So much has changed. I miss you a ton!
Post a Comment